Anyone can be a “Rock” Star
Do you want to do something special for your child, recognizing a special occasion or accomplishment? You can tell them how proud you are by painting it on the Spirit Rock for everyone in the school to see.
Paint the face of NJES Spirit Rock
Celebrate Birthdays & Achievements
Offer Well Wishes & Words of Support!
* * * 2018-2019 School Year * * *
The Spirit Rock will be rented out half-weekly.
A week will be split as follows:
– Sunday through 11:59a on Wednesday
– Noon on Wednesday through Saturday
COST & PAYMENT:
The cost to reserve the Spirit Rock for a half-week is $10.
Payment can be made via Cash or Check
payable to “NJES PTO”
HOW TO RESERVE THE SPIRIT ROCK:
Verify that the dates you want are available on the calendar
Send in your payment to the school office.
Reserve the desired dates on the calendar.
You MUST pay prior to reserving your dates on the CALENDAR.
Link to Calendar: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B0445ABAE2EAAFB6-spirit
*** Spirit Rock payments are NON-REFUNDABLE. ***
Painting the Spirit Rock
- The rock is located at the front of the school. When facing the front doors, it is to the right of the first entrance on the grassy section between the entrance and visitor parking.
- The best paint to use is spray paint – it dries in several minutes, whereas latex paint and paint that is rolled will take several hours to dry.
- Please cover prior message before painting your own.
- You will probably need 2-3 cans of spray paint for a good base coat (more if your base coat is white) to cover the entire rock. 1 can if covering just one side.
- Dependent upon the number of colors you want used in your message, a minimum of 1 can is needed per side
- Be creative and show your school spirit!
PAINT RECOMMENDATIONS & TIPS:
House paint or 2X coverage spray paint work great on the rock.
Note: Spray paint is less messy to apply and will dry faster.
If you use craft paint for detail, you should plan to apply a clear coat
otherwise rain may wash it off.
Bring spare paint brushes, paper towels, wet wipes and a trash bag/grocery store sack
to help contain your supplies and garbage.
Should you have questions about reserving or painting the Spirit Rock,
please email: email@example.com
- Payment is due at the time of making the reservation and is 1st come 1st served. All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (changed your mind, inclement weather, etc). However, if you decide you do not want your date, you can offer it to a friend or sell it to another family.
- You are responsible for providing all materials for decorating the spirit rock. You are expected to ensure the area around the spirit rock remains clean, free of trash and debris. All spirit rock decorations must meet the same handbook standard we would expect of any school sponsored sign. You should ensure that paint is not left on the road, curb or grass. You may wish to bring a drop cloth.
- Please make sure to note on your personal calendar, the day(s) you have reserved your school’s Spirit Rock. NJES PTO is not responsible for missed or forgotten reservations.
NJES PTO reserves the right to block dates for school use.
NJES PTO is not responsible for parents, students or others who paint the rock without reserving it.